The call for Local Bereavement Development Grants 2023 applications is now open!
Irish Hospice Foundation award a number of Local Bereavement Development (LBD) grants annually. The grant aims to encourage and support collaborative bereavement developments at a local level. Already existing groups and newly formed groups are eligible to apply.
Who can apply for a Grant?
A group of organisations who provide some level of bereavement support to the public and operate in the same geographical region e.g. county, CHO area etc.
Eligibility criteria include:
- There must be a minimum of six organisations in the group
- All organisations must provide some level of bereavement support to adults and/or families (e.g. information, peer support, counselling etc).
- All organisations must operate within the geographical area that is the focus of this application
- At least 50% of the organisations in the group must be non-governmental organisations
- All organsiations must demonstrate transparent governance and NGOs must be registered with the Charity Regulator
How do I apply?
The application form is available to download below. Completed applications can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 17th of November 2023.
For more information about the grant, read the LBDG Information Pack.
Local Bereavement Development Grants Recipients 2022
Five grants were awarded in 2022 which funded five collaborative projects which took place in 2023. Funded activities included bereavement information events for the public and/or frontline professionals and the development of bereavement resource for those working in the community, including an online resource for chaplains/ministers and a directory of bereavement services for GP’s in Kildare.
Cork Spiritual Bereavement Services Training Group
Improving the Effectiveness of Bereavement Ministries Provided by Faith-Based Organisations
Kildare Bereavement Network
Be Grief Aware. Bereavement knowledge for the frontline professional
Limerick Bereavement Network
Gatherings for Grief
Dublin North Bereavement Network
Living with Grief: A public bereavement information evening
South Dublin Bereavement Network
Living with Loss: A bereavement information for the public