What is the LCDC?
The local community development committee was established
“for the purposes of developing, coordinating and implementing a coherent and integrated approach to local and community development”.
Each LCDC will bring together people who work in
- Local authority (members and officials)
- State agencies
- Local development
- Community development
- Economic, cultural and environmental organisations
What does the LCDC do?
- Co-ordinate, plan and oversee local and community development funding, whether spent by local authorities or on behalf of the State by other local development bodies.
- Prepare the community elements of a 6-year Local Economic and Community Plan.
- Bring a more joined-up approach to the implementation of local and community development programmes and interventions, pursuing an integrated approach to local community-based services across providers and delivery structures.
- Drive meaningful citizen and community engagement in the scoping, planning, delivery and evaluation of local and community development programmes.
- Pursue a more cost efficient administration of local and community development programmes and delivery structures, the matching of resources to priorities and better value-for-money in the management and delivery of programmes.
- Focus on learning and feedback, enhancing the links between service delivery and policy development, and pursue opportunities for additional funding for the area, whether Exchequer or EU.
LCDC PPN Reps
|Member Name||Member Organisation||PPN College||Phone|
|Senan Cooke||Dunhill Eco Park||Community & Voluntaryfirstname.lastname@example.org||087 2228374|
|Community & Voluntaryemail@example.com||086 0432731|
|Gabriel Foley||County Waterford Beekeepers||Environmentfirstname.lastname@example.org||086 602 5836|
|Richard Awosika||Waterford Migrants Integration Forum||Social Inclusionemail@example.com||089 985 5913|
|Heather Kiely||Sacred Heart Resource Centre||Social Inclusionfirstname.lastname@example.org||086 834 8764|