Waterford PPN are delighted to announce the launch of the 2022 Waterford PPN Community & Voluntary Awards. This year’s awards are in collaboration with Waterford City & County Council, Waterford Volunteer Centre, South East Energy Agency, BHP Insurance, Local Link Waterford, Expressway and the Dept of Rural & Community Development.
The awards scheme is the only platform in Waterford that recognises and celebrates the commitment and vibrancy of the community and voluntary sector and the value of the voluntary contribution made by community and voluntary groups and volunteers.
Waterford PPN Awards Launch 2022
The awards acknowledge groups and individuals who, through their commitment to voluntary and community activities, have played a significant role in enhancing the quality of life in their communities. The awards gala ceremony, where the winners will be announced will take place on November 24 and all nominees will be invited to attend the evening. Categories & Prizes
- Children & Youth – Winner receives €700 & 2 x €400 runners up prizes
- Environment & Conservation– Winner receives €700 & 2 x €400 runners up prizes
- Health & Wellbeing – Winner receives €700 & 2 x €400 runners up prizes
- Spick & Span/Best Kept Residential Area – Winner receives €700 & 2 x €400 runners up prizes
- Social Inclusion & Community Support – Winner receives €700 & 2 x €400 runners up prizes
Volunteer of the Year Award
- Junior Volunteer of the Year: this award recognises the outstanding contribution that an individual under the age of 18 has made to their local community. Now is your chance to nominate those young people who encourage, support, lead, and inspire others in your community. Junior Volunteer Nomination Form
- Age Friendly Volunteer of the Year: this award is dedicated to those volunteers over the age of 55 who continue to bring knowledge, wisdom, and skills to clubs, organisations, groups, and the community. Our communities benefit greatly from their experience, and we would like to see them recognised for their contributions. Age Friendly Nomination Form
- Board/Committee Member of the Year: this award spotlights those volunteers who work behind the scenes. Without the tireless contribution of board/committee members, many organisations would cease to exist. Their workload increases year on year as governance and charity reporting requirements continue to grow. Nominate your local hardworking committee member today. Board/Committee Member Nomination Form
Volunteer Printable Download
Pride of Place Nominees
The winning group (Chosen from the winners of the 5 group category awards) will be put forward by Waterford City & County Council to represent Waterford in the 2023 national All Island Pride of Place awards.
Closing date for receipt of nominations is FRIDAY 16th SEPTEMBER 2022
For assistance and information, please contact Alison on 058 -21308 or email email@example.com
So, go ahead and get nominating your local community and voluntary groups and individuals