We are delighted to inform you that our Annual Europe Direct Soapbox Competition will again take place online this year with fantastic prizes for the regional finalists and national winners! We have been advised that the prizes will most likely remain the same as last year, an iPad for the regional winners of both categories with a National prize of €1,000 for the overall winners of both in early to mid-December.
We are delighted to invite your students to record a short video for, or against, the soapbox topic: “Is Europe Listening to its Young People?”
Please note the following:
- Entrants are invited to deliver a three-minute speech on video for or against the topic: “Is Europe Listening to its Young People?”
- Contestants will compete in one of two categories: 16 and under / 17 and over – tick the appropriate box on the application form.
- A regional winner will be selected from each category to compete in a National final and have the chance to win the cash prize.
- To avoid technical issues, we ask that videos be submitted in MP4 format. (This is the format in which all Android phones and iPhones automatically save videos.)
- Videos must be sent via WeTransfer or Dropbox link to: firstname.lastname@example.org (16 and under) & email@example.com (17 and over)
- All entries must be received before 2 pm Wednesday the 30th of November.
Please find attached a Poster, an Application Form, Competition Rules, and a reminder tick list:
- Europe Direct Soapbox competition poster 2022
- Europe Direct Soapbox application form 2022
- Europe Direct Soapbox competition rules 2022
- Europe Direct Soapbox checklist 2022 2022
Entry forms/Competition Rules and Tick list can also be downloaded from: https://waterfordlibraries.ie/europe-direct-soap-box-competition-2022/
Wishing all entrants the best of luck!
If you have any queries please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Alternatively, you can call us on 051 849975
Testimonial from Shane Burke – Dungarvan CBS who won the 17 and over Regional competition in 2022. “I’m extremely delighted, I was not expecting it at all, and what was even better was the whole class erupted with applause. I would just like to thank the organisers of this competition for running it and giving us this opportunity.” His teacher Patrick O’Dwyer commented “It was a fantastic opportunity for the boys to even enter. Well done to everyone who participated. Morale is high flying here in Dungarvan”.