Local Community Development Committe (LCDC)
What is the LCDC? The local community development committee was established “for the purposes of developing, coordinating and implementing a coherent and integrated approach to local and community development”.
Each LCDC will bring together people who work in:
- Local authority (members and officials)
- State agencies
- Local development
- Community development
- Economic, cultural and environmental organisations
- What does the LCDC do?
- Co-ordinate, plan and oversee local and community development funding, whether spent by local authorities or on behalf of the State by other local development bodies.
- Prepare the community elements of a 6-year Local Economic and Community Plan.
- Bring a more joined-up approach to the implementation of local and community development programmes and interventions, pursuing an integrated approach to local community-based services across providers and delivery structures.
- Drive meaningful citizen and community engagement in the scoping, planning, delivery and evaluation of local and community development programmes.
- Pursue a more cost efficient administration of local and community development programmes and delivery structures, the matching of resources to priorities and better value-for-money in the management and delivery of programmes.
- Focus on learning and feedback, enhancing the links between service delivery and policy development, and pursue opportunities for additional funding for the area, whether Exchequer or EU.
LCDC PPN Reps
Community & Voluntary
086 0432 731